Sr. Backend Engineer(Python)
As a backend engineer, you will work on our Python based ORM and applications that scale to handle millions of transactions every hour. This is mission critical software, and your primary focus will be building robust and scalable solutions that are easy to maintain.
In this role, you will be collaborating closely with the rest of the team working on different layers of infrastructure in an international environment. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are important.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Implement simple solutions to complex business logic that enables our merchants to manage their returns across millions of transactions.
- Build reusable components and packages for future use. Maintain and improve already existing processes
- Work closely with principal engineers to deliver quality technology solutions
- Translate specs and user stories into reviewable, test covered patches.
- Peer review code and refactor existing code.
- Integrate with our eCommerce partners (Shopify, BigCommerce, Amazon), shipping partners (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL), ERP and WMS systems.
- Manage Kubernetes and Docker based global deployment of our infrastructure.
- Lead a team of 4-5 developers maintaining their code quality and reviewing architectural designs for every feature.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working with backend technologies like Python and Django
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres preferred)
- Deep understanding of versioning across APIs as well as libraries and dependencies.
- Experience in building highly scalable, universally available, multi-region, and distributed systems.
- High attention to detail while designing solutions and the ability to think through boundary conditions.
- Experience in developing large server-side applications and microservices
- Experience with python testing tools and test automation
- Ability to lead the development of any large-sized feature End to End
- Strong sense of ownership and leadership quality
- Experienced in some tools of our current tech stack- Python, Django, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Serverless Functions (Lambda), AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Airflow
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as ReactJS
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services.
- Multi-tenant SaaS database tenancy patterns & system architecture patterns
- E-Commerce domain experience is a plus
- Cloud deployment and scaling experience
Full time payroll
Web back end developer
ultraGenius: a fresh start
Ultragenius has given me a new start in my life. I always wanted to start my gig and work as a freelancer for good clients, and these guys have helped me accomplish my long term goal in only 3rd year of my career. They are highly supportive and helpful. I am grateful that I got a chance to work with them.Mahesh Inder, Reactjs Dev
Shailesh is excellent person to work with if your startup or organisation is finding talent for your web3 product and he is also helping developers and builders in web3 to find great team to work remotely. so he is creating win-win situation for both.Mitul Gajera, web3